Thursday, December 4, 2008

VOLTAIRE


Bonjour, my name is voltaire. i was born on November 21st 1694 as Francois Marie Arouet to a rather overbearing father. I was born in france, and lived there for a while untill after some rather satirical remarks against some high placed officials in france i spent some time in jail. after i was released i left paris and over the years visited england, geniva and many other places. I beleve in equallity. Man should always be lisend to and his opinions taken into reason, even when you don't agree with him. i am not only a writer of thoughts, i have written many plays as well, Oedipe, Artemire, Mariamne,L'Indiscret, Brutus, Eriphile, Zaire, Les Originaux, and many more. One of my personnall faveoret works is The Philosophical dictionary. In it i reccount one of my thoughts where i was met by a ginie who tok me to a barren waistland and showed me the bones of many a restricted soul. persons from all around the word who where punished for their beliefs. I also spoke with many an enlightend man who had been  punshed for their beleifs as well. This meditation period solidifyed my faith as a theist. i was a key mind in the Enlightenment (no surprise there) and my suprior intellect and thoughts on... well, everything. i directed many a king and queen in their govermental plans. Genius... me in a nutshell.    

2 comments:

Atticus said...

Bonjour Voltaire, Ca Va? it was nice to meet you at the salon the other day. i also just wanted to tell you i enjoy your writing very much and idolize you. you are inspirational to much of my philosophies.
-Denis Diderot

Rob Martin said...

I as well have become a fan of your writing. I enjoyed speaking with all three of you, I enjoyed having conversations with you and Rosseau about your censorship and humor.
thanks
Swift.